See ya in a couple of weeks.
Pillow cover without a pillow. I rolled towels and put them in the pillow cover. It’s not perfect, but it works for now.
Window Valance. I have no sewing skills and couldn’t find a valance that I liked. I did find a kitchen towel at Crate & Barrel that I thought would work. No sewing was necessary. I just draped the towel over the rod. I might velcro the insides together, but maybe not.
An empty corner. I took the homemade bench we made for the end of the bed and stood it upright adding books and plants, etc.
And a couple of more common hacks: the throw over the chair is actually a blanket scarf and the plant on the table is in a spaghetti jar.
I’m adding this tea to my list of favorites. Ladurée’s Fleur d’ Oranger smells heavenly and tastes exactly the same. It’s a combination of Oolong tea and orange blossom. A perfect match.
Growing out my silvers is no longer as exciting and dramatic looking as it was in the beginning months. It’s now just a game of patience as I wait for the last of the brown highlighted ends gets cut off.
Here’s my first silver status pics for 2020. I think I’m over halfway there.
In the time it takes for the pasta to cook, you can make this homemade pasta sauce. It’s delicious so much better than the grocery store jar stuff.
- 2lbs chopped tomatos (I use Roma)
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3oz lardons/fatty bacon/pork belly sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8cup white wine (Do NOT substitute with red)
- 1lb penne pasta
- Fresh basil
- Fresh grated parmesan
- Put on pot of hot salty water for the pasta.
- In a pan, add olive oil and brown the lardons about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, seasonings, and a grind of black pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer an additional 10 minutes until it’s saucy.
- In the meantime, you cook the pasta, drain, and then add to the sauce.
- Top with basil and parmesan.
via Dinner Chez Moi
I loved “How to be Parisian”, but their new book, “Older, but Better, but Older” wasn’t as appealing.
Maybe it’s because I am older and I’m already aware of a lot of what is in the book, but I was really bored reading this. To be honest, I skipped through a few pages. (I think I was hoping for more tips to aging gracefully.) I will say I did find myself giggling in some parts and a lot of it is spot on to getting older.
Instead of flowers, give this succulent from The Sill. I think it’s adorable.
I know it’s a book, but it gets great reviews and who doesn’t want to unlock their erotic intelligence…
Coming Soon Golden Fortune Cookie. Put your personalized love message inside.
Pink Ray Ban Sunglasses. I might gift these to myself.
This candle from Goop because I can’t believe it’s a real thing….but it is.