In the time it takes for the pasta to cook, you can make this homemade pasta sauce. It’s delicious so much better than the grocery store jar stuff.
- 2lbs chopped tomatos (I use Roma)
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3oz lardons/fatty bacon/pork belly sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8cup white wine (Do NOT substitute with red)
- 1lb penne pasta
- Fresh basil
- Fresh grated parmesan
- Put on pot of hot salty water for the pasta.
- In a pan, add olive oil and brown the lardons about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, seasonings, and a grind of black pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer an additional 10 minutes until it’s saucy.
- In the meantime, you cook the pasta, drain, and then add to the sauce.
- Top with basil and parmesan.
via Dinner Chez Moi