I think when you become a woman of a certain age, less is more when it comes to makeup. A week or so ago for no particular reason, I blended the BB cream into my full face and egads it sunk into lines by my mouth! A line on each side. Lines I never noticed before, but the cream made them more pronounced. A full face of foundation wasn’t doing me any favors. Normally, I use a little BB cream on my T-zone to even out the skin tone, eyebrow pencil, mascara, and lipstick/lip balm. Makeup in general has been taking a back seat to skincare for me for awhile now.
I did some online research on skin care for us mature ladies. While not definitive, it seems most professionals agree on these essentials:
- Moisturizer containing Hydraulic Acid
- Moisturizer (if needed)
As a woman with in her early 50’s with combination and sensitive skin, here’s the current products I’m using and am really happy with.
- Cleanser: Micellar water and Caudalie foam cleanser
- 1-2x per week I exfoliate using Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit
- Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect
- Moisturizer: Vichy Aqualia Thermal
- I don’t use sunscreen. I know I should, but I have yet to find one that does not irritate my skin.
- Cleanser: Micellar water
- Filorga Sleep & Peel
- 1x per week instead of Filorga, I use A313 Pomade