I received bad news today. Samantha my 10 year old shih tzu has had a small bump on her eyelid for about a year now. It had never bothered her and I was advised against getting her surgery. For whatever reason, it became really big and obviously painful for her this past weekend. Per the animal ophthalmologist (who knew, right?), it’s a tumor that now needs to be taken off asap. The doctor stated once they do the surgery, they will let me know if it is benign or malignant. Gulp….
If the tumor is malignant, chemo would not be an option I would consider for her. I would want Sam to be her bouncy, happy self for as long as possible. If or when she shows signs of not feeling well, her comfort would then be my main priority. I decided not to know….for now.
Would you want to know?