I have been doing the backward hanger challenge for almost two months now. I totally recommend doing this. It’s been a real eye opener. And the reality is I only wear a small portion of my clothes. For example:
- Out of my 17 dresses, I currently only wear 2 on a regular basis.
- Out of my 19 pair of shorts, I currently only wear 4 on a regular basis.
- Out of my 28 pair of pants/jeans, I currently only wear 5 on a regular basis.
I counted a total of 34 items I normally wear on a rotating basis. Whaaaat..
That being said, my first goal is to condense to the following:
- 5 pair of jeans (boyfriend, skinny/regular x2, cropped flare, around the house pair)
- 1 pair of white jeans.
- 1 pair of black jeans
- 10 pairs of pants (other than jeans. Including nice pants, cargos, drawstring, khaki)
- 7 pairs of shorts
- 2 skirts
- 10 everyday dresses
I was almost successful with this first goal. I did keep 3 extra pair of jeans (blue, white, and black). I’m happy to report I don’t miss a thing.