I’m not a big fan of salads. I try to eat them because I know I should, but rarely do I get that satisfied feeling from them. The exception is my moms spinach salad with croutons. Put a bowl of her salad in front of me and I’m all over it.
- Stir fry 3 tsp sesame seeds in butter until the seeds turn brown. Scoop out the seeds and set aside.
- Cut up some French bread into cubes for the croutons. Add more butter to your pan and fry away. Amounts are subject to your preference. A lot of croutons = more bread. Buttery croutons = more butter.
- When the croutons are crusty, put them in a bowl and toss with parmesan cheese. Set aside.
For the dressing:
- Mix 3 tbsp. oil with 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Add the sesame seeds, salt & pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and salad supreme seasoning. (All seasoning to taste)
Toss the spinach with the dressing and add the croutons.