This recipe is from my Trinidad friend. I’m giving the original recipe with meat, however, I simply omit the meat for a vegan version. It’s easy to make and is really tasty for you curry lovers. Oh, and because this is a hand me down recipe from someone who makes it often, measurements are approximate. Adjust for your taste accordingly.
- Season 1 package stew meat or chicken (without skin) with salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, Worscesterchire sauce, and curry powder. Set aside.
- In a pot, saute a small amount of onion and 1 clove garlic in 3 tbsp. oil
- Add 3 tbsp. curry powder and water until saucy. Start slowly with the water until you have the desired consistency of a stew (as above pic). Boil 3 minutes.
- Add meat and a jalapeño pepper (no seeds for me) then add cut veggies: potato, onion, carrots into cubes and slices (like a stew). Cook for 30 minutes on low heat and start checking for doneness.
- Add green pepper the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- This is a must serve with jasmine rice.
I know this isn’t the most specific recipe, but the best dishes are always the ones from our moms with no actual recipe! Enjoy!